crazy monkey

Sometimes I wish I could be a monkey. Hang out in trees all day swinging and eating bananas. Sometimes I don't wish that at all.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

So this is what people do

I went out last night. Went to Clint's poetry book party(Clint go published, fun!). He was to be up on stage reading his beautiful work at 8:30. I got a friend to watch Bri. I showed up at 8:15. I was to be home to release said friend to go home and sleep at 9:30. I waited. I listened to people read. I listened to some girl tell stupid stories about her past week, not in poetry form. She uses the open mic poetry as a sort of therapy session, ugh! I waited. I did the thing I shouldn't do and called said friend to get a little extra time so I could hear Clint read. Said friend, said "yes". Great, or really should have been great but...people just kept going on and on and on and on. It didn't stop. I had to go home. I didn't get to hear Clint read.

This is what people do, who do not have children, or do have children and live with their Mom; they stay up late into the night taking their sweet ol' time reading poetry or telling ridiculous stories without a care in the world of when they get home. I have decided these people suck. They no longer are welcome in my world. You know, the world where I have a child and kind people watch her for me and I need to get home so those kind people can go to their home, or out, or somewhere other than my home with my child.

3 Comments:

Blogger just a guy said...

This is quite funny...and sad...and realistic. I can't believe that crazy storytime chick ruined what narrow and infrequent window I had to woo you with my poetry! Darn her to heck!

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This tells me that my son married a precious wife who has a big heart for her family. I am so thankful for you and how you and Clint are bringing that precious baby up to treasure family and friends. Love you

7:46 AM  
Blogger Kat Curlee said...

Know the feeling....been there, done that. Too many times. People just don't respect others anymore. It's really sad. I can hardly remember a time when Jayna or Jillian weren't in our lives, and now that we have them, we EXPECT others to respect us. We demand respect for #1, we have little children who are very observant to others around them and pick up on the slightest things, and #2, it's just good manners to respect those who have children...and other lives other than what they see in their own eyes. I could rant...but I'll save it. hee hee...

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home